Since I am fairly sure that I am the only one who looks at this blog, I don't feel too bad about slacking on it. However, I do like to have posts written in a timely manner so that I can later include fun details in the kids' memory books.
As stated in a post on our main blog, we have a zoo membership. We went twice during October. The second time, I got video of Violet watching the polar bear. Eddie was convinced that the animals could break through the plexiglass in their enclosures, so he didn't want to get up close to any windows. Violet wasn't phased by it, though.
In the past month, Eddie did a lot of fun things at school. The class took a field trip to the pumpkin patch. Violet and I went, too, and it was a lot of fun. Eddie got a pumpkin to bring home to decorate, which he took back to school. Eddie elected to cover his pumpkin in "creepy crawly" stickers and googly eyes. It was pretty awesome, so of course, I neglected to take a photo. But he did bring this picture home from school last week:
 |
| Every time I see it, I laugh. |
Dave and I spent a week in Oregon right before Halloween. When we got home, I put the finishing touches on the kids' costumes. Violet was a mermaid, wearing a costume of my own design. Her biggest issue was walking in the tail, so after visiting Dave's office earlier in the day, I had to make some modifications before trick-or-treating. Then she only went to one house and spent the rest of the evening playing with sticks and rocks.
 |
| I am fairly confident that this is the coolest thing I've ever made. |
Eddie was Spiderman, something he has been planning for months. Lucky for us, he really wanted to be bright red and blue Spiderman, not the new darker one. We got his costume for free from his cousins. We bought him a mask but he said it made him too sweaty and didn't end up wearing it very much.
 |
| I love his muscles. |
Now that Halloween is over, I have been plotting all the projects I need to do before Christmas. I have been spending a lot of time sewing, so the kids entertain themselves. Today, we played tea party and the kids thought it was great. After Violet's nap, she gathered up her tea set and had her own tea party with Jessie.
 |
| "Want some cu-cake? Yum yum yum." |
2 comments:
I look at your blog :) I love the video of the polar bear, when we went he was snoozing, I really wanted to see them do something too. I like Violet's Halloween costume, that is pretty sweet!
Violet's costume rocks. Way to go.
Post a Comment