7.15.2010

Holy Marathon, Batman!

Last month Eddie watched Batman: The Movie so many days in a row that he was starting to draw DiMaggio comparisons. Needless to say, Kristen and I were getting pretty tired of the United Underworld and their dehydrating hijinks.

Things finally changed when I got a Blu-ray player for my birthday, allowing us to watch all sorts of streaming online video services on our TV. I soon discovered every episode of the '60s Batman TV series on YouTube in six part increments, thus giving Batman: The Movie a much appreciated respite.

So, most evenings after I pick Eddie up from daycare, we tune in at the same bat-time to the same bat-channel for another episode. The video quality isn't the greatest, but he doesn't really care.

It's fun for me to recall certain moments from when I watched the show as a kid, such as Batman doing the batusi, or Robin catching a batarang with his teeth to avoid plummeting to his death. Eddie's favorite part is unquestionably singing along (and bouncing) during the opening credits, which I have captured in the following video.

1 comment: