7.26.2009

Walk This Way

As you loyal readers already know, we have been working hard to get Ed caught up on his gross motor skills and have been doing pretty well so far. Eddie has recently learned that walking can be fun... as long as it's not too scary. So he has concentrated mainly on pushing things around, like the neighbor's toy...


He has spent the past few days pushing our umbrella stroller back and forth from the kitchen to the living room. Then he'll run into an obstacle, we'll turn him around, and he'll go back until he runs into something else. As you saw in the video, he's not too good at steering.

Today Eddie and I were playing with his big ball (pictured below) and I got him to stand up facing me with the ball between us. Then, by accident, the ball escaped and Eddie was left standing there, not holding onto anything. When he realized this, he lunged toward me, inadvertently taking his first step. Since Dave didn't see, I decided to try an re-enactment. The second time, I took the ball out on purpose and Eddie stood there looking at me for a minute, then took two very graceful steps forward.

3 comments:

The Cranney's said...

Yay, go Eddie. You will be running before your mom and dad know it :D. Thanks for playing last week. We'll do it again soon.

Alicia said...

Yay for Eddie! I can't believe he has taken his first steps. He has really progressed quickly from no movement to walking!

Caitlinp said...

WAHOO! Eddie is a champ. Way to go mom and dad.